[Toybox] patch: add built-in versions of sha-2 family hash functions

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:07:15 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 1:50 PM Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The situation of "oh no, fork XYZ added essentially the same
> functionality too...but with other option letters, and they
> count fields from 0, not from 1... and they used OUR option
> letter for something entirely different! ARGH"
> is irritatingly repeating itself, as if we never learn.

Real example:

su [-lp] [-u UID] [-g GID,...] [-s SHELL] [-c CMD] [USER [COMMAND...]]
       -u      Switch to UID instead of USER
       -g      Switch to GID (only root allowed, can be comma separated list)

util-linux has no -u UID.
util-linux has -g, but it's not -g GID. Instead, it's -g GROUPNAME,
it does not accept comma list of groups, and it sets only primary group.
util-linux has -G GROUP for setting supplementary group ids,
and to set more than one of them, they use -G GRP1 -G GRP2 style.