Cannot reboot from busybox

IraqiGeek geek at IraqiGeek.com
Fri Dec 23 22:15:54 UTC 2005

On Friday, December 23, 2005 10:05 PM GMT,
Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On Friday 23 December 2005 13:31, IraqiGeek wrote:
>> On Friday, December 23, 2005 5:50 PM GMT,
>>
>> Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>>> Could you try the current version of busybox (the most recent
>>> version out of the snapshot directory)?  I don't remember us having
>>> fixed this problem already, but I'd like to rule it out first when
>>> we're this close to a release.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>
>> I did compile the 20051223 snapshot, and got the same results (using
>> the config file I created for 1.01). Any suggestions on how to work
>> this out, while waiting for the next release?
>
> Well if we don't fix it, waiting for the next release won't do any
> good.
>
> How big is your root image that you're dropping busybox into, and do
> you think it might run under a different emulator (specifically qemu)?
>
> Rob

Currently, the stands at 8.7MB, running a vanilla 2.6.11.12 kernel, and php.
I am building this as a base for a dynamic router mini distro (based on
zebra), and then maybe an asterisk based IP PBX. The aim is to keep the
final system under 16MB.

Even though I havent played with qemu, but I don't see any reason why it
shouldnt. Its just a minimal x86 linux system, so it should run on almost
any x86 platform (physical or emulated).

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com