tar bugfix patch n.347 (recoded, version 4)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Dec 23 01:24:05 UTC 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 10:07, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Roberto,
>
> >  a vfork busybox tar is running on my workstation since yesterday...
>
> Yes. I know. The mainstream "tar" have exec("/usr/bin/gzip") and old
> busybox too. But fresh busybox with transform() can`t use with vfork()
> absolutelly.

The reason that 1.01 uses exec() is that somebody sent me a patch for 1.0 to
convert it.  I never applied this patch to -current because it needed to be
cleaned up, and it kinda got buried on my todo list.

This should go in before 1.1.  I'll prioritize it.  It's not that it was
reverted or anything.  We _should_ move towards exec here.