ls returns large file sizes

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Dec 22 05:02:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 08:53:21PM -0800, Jonathan Lester wrote:
> I'm not actually specifying the endian-ness via any compiler flags, so
> everything should be compiled for little endian:
>
> vmlinux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), statically
> linked, not stripped
> busybox: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for GNU/Linux
> 2.0.10, statically linked, stripped
> libc-2.3.5.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, version 1 (ARM), not
> stripped
>
> [arm-readelf also says all the data sections are little endian]
> Is there any good way to test how the kernel and the library return the
> 'stat' structure to see if someone thinks they're supposed to use big
> endian?

i asked about big endian because there was a bug (maybe still is,
havent check glibc) in the stat struct for big endian targets

you could should compile a small .c file which calls the kernel
stat functions itself rather than using the libc stat functions

that'd tell you if the kernel was sane or not
-mike