ls returns large file sizes

Jonathan Lester jlester at intel-research.net
Thu Dec 22 04:53:21 UTC 2005

I'm not actually specifying the endian-ness via any compiler flags, so
everything should be compiled for little endian:

vmlinux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), statically
linked, not stripped
busybox: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for GNU/Linux
2.0.10, statically linked, stripped
libc-2.3.5.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, version 1 (ARM), not
stripped

[arm-readelf also says all the data sections are little endian]
Is there any good way to test how the kernel and the library return the
'stat' structure to see if someone thinks they're supposed to use big
endian?

-Jonathan