BUG AND PATCH: loginutils Config.in is broken

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Wed Dec 21 10:32:34 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:54, Tito wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:03, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Monday 19 December 2005 14:30, Tito wrote:
>
> > This menu has thirteen options and the dependency is on nine of them.
> >
> > I'm going to yank the dependency entirely,  delete the gratuitous menu, move
> > the shadow passwords option to the top of the menu, and make it always
> > available.
> Fine, I thought myself about this solution...... :-)
Rob,
your fix for Config.in in loginutils is broken:
1) you forgot to add all applets that use CONFIG_FEATURE_SHADOWPASSWDS
	bool "Support for shadow passwords"
	default n
	-  depends on CONFIG_ADDUSER || CONFIG_DELUSER || CONFIG_LOGIN || CONFIG_SU || CONFIG_VLOCK
	+depends on CONFIG_ADDGROUP || CONFIG_ADDUSER || CONFIG_DELUSER || CONFIG_DELGROUP || CONFIG_LOGIN || CONFIG_PASSWD || CONFIG_SU || CONFIG_SULOGIN ||
2) config CONFIG_FEATURE_SHADOWPASSWDS
	bool "Support for shadow passwords"
	default n
	depends on CONFIG_ADDUSER || CONFIG_DELUSER || CONFIG_LOGIN || CONFIG_SU || CONFIG_VLOCK

     config CONFIG_USE_BB_SHADOW
#	bool "  Use busybox shadow password functions"
	default y
	depends on CONFIG_USE_BB_PWD_GRP && CONFIG_FEATURE_SHADOWPASSWDS

	Should be placed at the bottom of the menu as if you select an applet that uses them and you
        continue scrolling to the end of the menu you will never notice that this options exists unless
        you already know it.

	Patch is attached, tested.
	Please apply.

	Ciao,