[busybox] Out of the world...

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sat Dec 17 19:06:49 UTC 2005

Hello all!

It just occurred to me that one of the machines relaying my mail is
undergoing (heavy) maintenance this WE (and I won't shout at them, they
do it for free on their spare time, and the machine is graciously hosted
and run off my former school resources, thanks to them!).

So I went to the archives...

[modutils and 2.4 kernel broken?]
Yan,

I will look to the .config file from TS with BB 1.1.0-pre1 and current svn.
I've tested right here, and it (at least) compiles. As I said, I'm trying
qemu (fed up with rebooting my notebook each time). Rob, have you got some
quick hints, as you seem to use that?

[Problems with output to console]
Steven,

> I wonder how I could set CONSOLE or console!?
CONSOLE is passed to init by the kernel. Try to pass CONSOLE (or console)
from the kernel command line. Tell your bootloader to add it to the kernel
command line (lilo, grub, RedBoot, all can do that fairly easy). As an
example:
    console=/dev/ttyS0,115200n8
will set the console to serial port 1, 115200 baud, no parity, 8 data bits.
Look at linux/Documentation/serial-console.txt for more info.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

--
Yann E. MORIN