ash miscompilation

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Thu Dec 15 02:20:28 UTC 2005

With the ash shell CONFIG_FEATURE_FANCY_ECHO, ash gets miscompiled if
you omit CONFIG_ECHO in the coreutils section.  The help text says the
feature depends on CONFIG_ECHO, but config fails to enforce it.

I'm using uclibc with busybox ash /bin/sh for the GNU coreutils tests,
which work fine until I make the change above.  Analyzing one of the
failures showed that ash produced bogus results, causing the tests to
fail.

Seems the coreutils tests are valuable.  Funny that.

:-D