Makefile tweak for -lm?

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Dec 14 10:08:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:04:15AM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:32:06AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:42:52AM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>>> I will ci the attached patch tomorrow unless somebody objects.
>>
>>why dont you use the simpler form i suggested
>>
>>Rules.mak:
>>LIBRARIES   :=
>>need-libm-y :=
>><include subfiles>
>
>Then */Makefile would include */Makefile.in and Rules.mak, Rules.mak
>itself would again include the Makefile.in's, which is ugly.
>I think that Rules.mak should not include anything except maybe
>.config.

Mike told me again that he prefers the way he mentioned above.

So this is just ment as a ping that i won't thouch this..

If somebody wants to make sure that selecting SORT_BIG pulls in the
required -lm for 1.1.0, then either follow Mikes suggestion or just copy
the stuff from CONFIG_FEATURE_AWK_MATH which would add -lm thrice or so
for allyesconfig (cosmetical issue only).

friendly,
Bernhard