Houston, we have warnings.

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue Dec 13 18:45:00 UTC 2005

Hello all!
Rob,

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 050, Rob Landley wrote:
> /home/landley/busybox/busybox/modutils/modprobe.c: In function `build_dep':
> /home/landley/busybox/busybox/modutils/modprobe.c:502: warning: implicit
> declaration of function `parse_command_string'
> /home/landley/busybox/busybox/modutils/modprobe.c:502: warning: assignment
> makes pointer from integer without a cast

When MODPROBE_MULTIPLE_OPTIONS is not selected, then `parse_command_string'
does not get declared, and the call to this function is conditionned by a
if(ENABLE) statement. This if() is optimised away by the compiler, and thus
at link time the symbol is no longer un-resolved (as it does no longer exist).

It is not the proper way to solve the problem: we must enclose this call with
#ifdef ENABLE rather than a mere if(ENABLE).

Patch attached.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |