bug in busybox BUSYBOX_1_1_0_pre1

Max Okumoto max at kiyon.com
Tue Dec 13 10:09:48 UTC 2005

I'm using 2.4.21 kernel, and 20031027 uClibc.  I am in the
 process of upgrading our devel platform.   And the first
 thing I did was rip out all the other crap and replace it
 with busybox. :-)  Eventually I will upgrade those parts.

                           Max

Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote: On Monday 12 December 2005 23:00, Max Okumoto wrote:
>  I ran into a problem with getty.
>  If the getty is exec'ed with stdin fd closed the dup2()
>  causes problems on my platform.  The /bin/init is not
>  busybox.  And here is my quick patch to get around the
>  problem.

What's your platform?  I just checked, and dup2(2,2) is a NOP on linux 2.6.