Problems with output to console

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 12 11:10:23 UTC 2005

On Monday 12 December 2005 02:27, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Could you give me a little hint why I dont get any output when creating
> the link /dev/ttyS0 -> /dev/ttySMX0?
>
> How could I hack init/init.c so it works on the board where the serial
> console is actually ttyS0?
>
> Thanks a million!

Unfortunately, I'm falling asleep right now and can't quite think straight,
but if you want to stick printfs into init what you can do is
open /dev/console (or whatever output device you know works for you) and put
fprintf() or dprintf() statements writing to that file with your debug info.

Then you can see what it's actually doing.

Also, I find qemu highly cool for debugging this sort of thing, but User Mode
Linux might also work for you...