Bug triage.

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Dec 12 10:47:50 UTC 2005

On Monday 12 December 2005 044, Rob Landley wrote:
> Work in progress says to me "don't check this in yet".

I do agree. On the other hand, WIP is a big name here. What I meant is
that a temporary fix is included, until the correct and right one is in
place (because it takes time, and I think we can't afford waiting).

> > Now, if you want, I can re-submit a cleaned-up patch.
> Yes please.  Personal preference.  I like keeping the code clean.

OK, folowing in a next mail.

> I'll unmark 272 on my list then. :)

But still, 272 will be fixed by the modprobe patch.

> > Now, sure there are bugs-to-be that are now avoided with this (I can see,
> > at least, not looking at /etc/modprobe.conf for 2.6)
> I'm not saying that we can't check in anything that's not a bugfix.  (Although
> after -rc2 goes out, I'm probably going to ask for bugfixes only until New
> Year's.)
> But no new features right now, please. :)

No new feature, only bugs-to-be killed in the egg.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |