Bug triage.

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sun Dec 11 21:17:47 UTC 2005

On Sunday 11 December 2005 212, Rob Landley wrote:
> > --> Patch attached.
> >     Heavy.
> > The attached patch about modprobe rework solves these two issues. Note that
> > it still relies on my MODPROBE_MULTIPLE_OPTIONS. Rediffed against rev
> > 12789. => busybox-modprobe.patch.bz2
>
> This has unnecessary DEBUG() stuff in it.  I'll come back and give it a closer
> look this evening.

I left them on purpose. As I said in the config help, this is WIP, while waiting
for the common parsing for all applets. So I thought I'd leave my DEBUGs for when
this parsing thingy would be ready, at which point we could remove them.

Plus I think that having some DEBUGs in code is never a bad thing.

Now, if you want, I can re-submit a cleaned-up patch.

> > --> Patch attached.
> >     Easy.
> > Another patch is attached that reworks the config options order and
> > dependencies. Note that some options were used by either rmmod, insmod,
> > lsmod or modprobe, but were available only when insmod was selected.
> > Against rev 12789. => busybox-modutils-config-reworked.patch.bz2
> Applied.  This fixes bug 272 by itself?

No, sorry I did not make me clear. I did not try to see if any bug (from your
list, Rob) would be fixed by this config re-ordering. It seemed the good thing
to do from what I saw in the code.

Now, sure there are bugs-to-be that are now avoided with this (I can see, at
least, not looking at /etc/modprobe.conf for 2.6)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |