mark obsolete usage of fold

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Dec 11 18:22:43 UTC 2005

On Sunday 11 December 2005 05:22, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Rob Landley wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > (For example, linking busybox against uClibc
> > right now, "tar xvjfC file.tgz directory ." doesn't work because the
> > argument that "f" gets isn't "file.tgz", it's "C".  This is a uClibc bug,
> > but it hits us.)
>
> [...]
>
> Which bug is that? Can you tell something more concrete? I have a similar
> case w/ interpretion of rpm's options where the order is relevant.
>
> Thanks, Peter

It's another one that I can reproduce if I set up the appropraite environment,
and I intend to debug after 1.1 ships.

I reported it to the uClibc mailing list to see if it was something they could
fix easily, and they refused to discuss it until I wrote a reproduction test
case for their test suite.  I'll get back to them when I have time to track
it down myself and come up with a patch.  (For the bug, not their test suite.
It hasn't been this week...)

There are several bugs I only see linked against uClibc 0.9.28.  The mount
error message being wrong is another one (which I think is actually a busybox
problem using memory after free, but the symptom only reproduces under
uClibc...)