rcS shell?

Siddharth Taneja staneja at packetdesign.com
Sat Dec 10 06:52:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to know what the default shell used by rcS is when BB is used
with the BB_INIT and BB_LINUXRC option. I have some lines of script like-
PLATFORM =`customscript -p`
if [ $PLATFORM = "myplat"] ; then
    # do some stuff
fi

I have a custom initrd and use BB with it. If I put these lines in rcS and
use BB with the above two options (BB_INIT and BB_LINUXRC) (and default
shell as msh -provided by BB)everything works fine.

But if I use BB without these options and put these lines in the linuxrc
file (with the default shell being msh -provided by BB) it spits out
synatx error. Also I see that the PATH variable is not setup correctly in
this scenario.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks

Siddharth