ifconfig with non-standard netmask doesn't get applied

Robert Gordon gordon at sedsystems.ca
Fri Dec 9 20:56:33 UTC 2005

Good point.
It works when I do it from the command line. And trying other settings
(IP and mask) from the command line continue to work too.

I tried repeating the ifconfig command in rc.sysinit so it runs twice,
in case it was an initialization issue, but that didn't help.

The problem occurs with both class C and class B addresses using smaller
subnet masks.

Looks like I need to look elsewhere.

Rob