Kernel headers trouble

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Dec 6 19:05:07 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 10:13, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 03:49:11PM +0100, Tito wrote:
> > I put thogether a simple script (attached) to check clashes in kernel
> > headers.
>
> so why havent we just done a global sed 's:CONFIG_:BB_CONFIG_:g' yet ?
> -mike

1) In my case, I'm trying to migrate the CONFIG_ symbols to ENABLE_ symbols.
I wouldn't be against some other prefix if it was shorter to type.  (BB_
works for me.  We've already got _FEATURE_ on most of the ones that aren't
applets.)

2) I'm also calling the CONFIG_ stuff leaking into normal #include space a
kernel header bug, since polluting the namespace like that is pretty sucky.
Most headers don't do that.  The ones that do are broken.  At the very least,
they should put one or more _ on the front of those.