Latest svn revision 12662 compilation broken

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Tue Dec 6 12:55:20 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 00:11, you wrote:

> > > Yes, please attach a copy of your .config.  I have no _idea_ what's
> > > wrong...
> > >
> > > Rob
> >
> > Hi,
> > things are going weird.
> > I've tried also busybox-1.01, but i get almost the same error:
>
> Oh, I forgot to say:
>
> I tried your .config and it built for me just fine.  Haven't checked out a
> fresh snapshot, but svn diff didn't show anything interesting between my tree
> and -curent...
So, I'm pretty sure that the reason are my custom 2.6.14.3 kernel-headers.
In fact grepping for CONFIG_TR and CONFIG_WATCHDOG returns a lot of matches,
and by changing CONFIG_TR to ENABLE_TR and CONFIG_WATCHDOG to ENABLE_WATCHDOG
everything compiles fine again.
Maybe it would be a good idea to move at least this two to ENABLE_* before the next
release as there could be other users that have the latest kernel headers.
Maybe we could create a little script to detect other clashes, I will take a look
at it and in case post the script and the results.

> > The question now for me is:
> > is my system somehow broken?
>
> Sounds like it.
>
> Are you using anything like ccache?