Proof positive the "signedness of char *" warning is useless.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 5 20:23:50 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 12:16, Ihno Krumreich wrote:
> hi,
>
> attached is a patch to remove some of signed warnings.
> The code was compiled with a gcc 4.1.0.
>
> Regards

Cool.

Did you look at it to figure out why they specified signed in the first place?
(You have to go out of your way to say "signed", I'm wondering why they did
that.)

The switch to socklen_t I'm pretty comfortable with.  The rest I'd like
somebody to say "yeah, I read through the code and this is what they actually
meant"...