Testiness.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 31 20:54:38 UTC 2005

In message <20050831141644.GB27326 at wotan.suse.de> you wrote:

> Depends on what you want to have. If the collating sequence for en_US.UTF-8
> is according to the dictionary (like it is for the german UTF-8). Then
> everything works perfect.
>
> What all the above example have in mind is the American ASCII code
> and the collating sequence according to the numeric value.
> If you want to have this you have to set LANG=C.
>
> So its not a bug its a feature.

I hear the words, but I'm afraid I don't understand.

Can please you explain how it is possible that '[a-z]*' matches "CVS"
or "Makefile"? What is the flow of logic,  and  where  is  the  place
where the folding of upper and lower case characters creeps in?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That was the thing about deserts. They had their  own  gravity.  They
sucked you into the centre.           - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_