[BusyBox] busybox build environment

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 29 15:46:52 UTC 2003

Ive just done a few tests using a busybox based build environment, seems
to be be going ok.

I started in a chroot with busybox and the debian packages for gcc,
gcc-base, binutils, glibc, glibc-dev.

Compiled, in order

m4
bison
flex
binutils
gawk
gcc

At this stage i ran into problems with compile errors for ncurses
blocking texinfo which is required for glibc.

I realised i also had GNU make binary in there from the start (i had
prepared the chroot some time ago), however GNU make can be bootstraped
as the first package, ver 3.80 of GNU make needs to be patched though.

The busybox config file i used is at
http://people.debian.org/~bug1/busybox/bootstrap.config.1

I didnt have any problems with busybox sed :)

busybox awk however, did block gcc, havent looked into it any furthur,
but i did notice gawk has a few tests, will have a go at using it to
track down busybox awk problems.

Glenn