[BusyBox] Tab completion in 1.00*

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Tue Oct 28 17:56:23 UTC 2003

[Dzuy == dzuy at itlogistic.net on Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:25:35 -0600]

Dzuy> tty returns /dev/pts/0

So you are telneted or something into the box?

When I log into the keyboard+monitor of a busybox-driven host, I get a
virtual terminal tty (/dev/vc/0), not a psuedo-terminal (/dev/pts/0).
I've seen all your symptoms before on my own boxes, and they should be
solvable.

Are you using a custom inittab, or is the built-in busybox inittab in
use?

I'll ask again: does this behavior occur in both telnetted-in sessions
and on-the-keyboard sessions?

If it happens in on-the-keyboard sessions, does it also happen if you
switch virtual terminals (hit alt-f2 to switch to the second virtual
terminal).

-- jared at wordzoo.com

"Truth is a great flirt." -- Franz Liszt