[BusyBox] What's up with CVS?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Oct 18 05:25:00 UTC 2003

On Sat Oct 18, 2003 at 12:09:16AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> Okay, so I go to the CVS link:
>
> http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/
>
> ...and the option to download a tarball is no longer there at the bottom of
> the screen.  Okay. So I go to the "nightly snapshots" link:

I have the snapshots temporarily disabled to reduce the load
on my server (since it was getting clobbered).

> http://www.busybox.net/downloads/snapshots/
>
> And download the busybox-snapshot.tar.bz2 file there, and it appears to be a
> year old.  (There is no archivers directory, there's no editors directory,
> and the sed in the root directory is from september of last year.)

The snapshot you are looking for is "busybox-unstable.tar.bz2".
I suppose the current naming convention will need to be changed
in the near future, since unstable isn't particularly unstable
anymore,

 -Erik