[BusyBox] Where do I report a compiler bug?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at larsshack.org
Mon Oct 13 13:59:54 UTC 2003

I don't believe this is a compiler bug.  The C programming FAQ says that
this behavior is undefined:

  From <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/q3.1.html>:

  [3.1] Why doesn't this code:

    a[i] = i++;

  work?

  ---

  The subexpression i++ causes a side effect--it modifies
  i's value--which leads to undefined behavior since i is also
  referenced elsewhere in the same expression. (Note that
  although the language in K&R suggests that the behavior of
  this expression is unspecified, the C Standard makes the
  stronger statement that it is undefined--see question
  11.33.)

  K&R2 Sec. 2.12
  ANSI Sec. 3.3
  ISO Sec. 6.3