[BusyBox] Daemontools and uClibc

Charlie Brady charlie_brady at mitel.com
Wed Oct 8 21:25:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> Hello,

Hi!

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:48:09AM -0400, Charlie Brady wrote:
> >
> > Referring to:
> >
> > http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2001-March/000776.html
> >
> > I'm about to attempt the same build. If you have patches or build scripts,
> > would you mind sharing them?
>
> The only djb package that won't build out of the box with uClibc is
> qmail (at least last time I checked about a year ago) because of
> some missing libresolv routines.  A while back I hacked a replacement
> for the needed routines using some modified code from djbdns.
> This was in conjunction with pulling lots of common code for qmail,
> djbdns, daemontools, ucspi, ezmlm... into a shared lib.  But that
> stuff needed more work and I haven't had time to look at it since.

Is any of that available as is? Mind you, I think the "qmail license"
might prevent redistribution of binaries of qmail hacked in such a way.
daemontools, etc seems OK.

> > Were you trying to cross-compile, by any chance?
>
> Not at the time.  Cross compiling may be difficult because of djb's
> use of test programs to auto configure the packages.

Yes, I've found that there are a few "compile, link and run" things. They
can all be worked around without too much change.

Charlie Brady                         charlie_brady at mitel.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/smallbusiness
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175