[BusyBox] bzip2 compress support in busybox?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 3 06:09:48 UTC 2003

Anybody object to me hacking this in as a config option?  I'm currently
building bzip2, and it seems silly to have busybox able to decompress but
needing to pull in another package to compress...

The standard dynamically linked Red Hat 9 version is 29,180 bytes, and that's
both compress plus uncompress plus command line option parsing plus...  (It's
half the size of gzip.  This is how you can tell the gnu project was not
involved.  Big animals, gnus.  Lots of fat, apparently...)