[BusyBox] [patch] fix for "tar -C broken in 1.0pre3"

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 2 12:10:17 UTC 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 06:24, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:07:39 -0500
>
> Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > Apply this patch to fix the problem.
>
> Its more complex than that, we cant chdir until after tar_filename
> is opened or it will be read/written in the wrong dir.

Ah, I see.  writeTarFile needs to either take a filehandle instead of a name
as its first argument, or it needs to take the directory to change to as an
extra argument.

I'm about to go to bed, if you intend to get to this in the next 24 hours I'll
stay out of your way.  Otherwise I'll try to code something up over the
weekend...