[BusyBox-cvs] busybox/docs contributing.txt,1.8,1.9
bug1 at busybox.net
Wed Oct 29 03:40:53 UTC 2003
Update of /var/cvs/busybox/docs
In directory winder:/tmp/cvs-serv15820/docs
"A few references to sourcefiles and URLs in docs/contributing.txt had
gone stale" - Peter Korsgaard
RCS file: /var/cvs/busybox/docs/contributing.txt,v
retrieving revision 1.8
retrieving revision 1.9
diff -u -d -r1.8 -r1.9
--- contributing.txt 14 Jul 2003 21:20:48 -0000 1.8
+++ contributing.txt 29 Oct 2003 03:40:47 -0000 1.9
@@ -171,7 +171,7 @@
For a quick listing of "needs work" spots in the sources, cd into the Busybox
directory and run the following:
- for i in TODO FIXME XXX; do grep $i *.[ch]; done
+ for i in TODO FIXME XXX; do find -name '*.[ch]'|xargs grep $i; done
This will show all of the trouble spots or 'questionable' code. Pick a spot,
any spot, these are all invitations for you to contribute.
@@ -199,16 +199,16 @@
These are dirty jobs, but somebody's gotta do 'em.
- - Converting applets to use getopt() for option processing. Type 'grep -L
- getopt *.c' to get a listing of the applets that currently don't use
- getopt. If a .c file processes no options, it should have a line that
+ - Converting applets to use getopt() for option processing. Type 'find -name
+ '*.c'|grep -L getopt' to get a listing of the applets that currently don't
+ use getopt. If a .c file processes no options, it should have a line that
reads: /* no options, no getopt */ somewhere in the file.
- Replace any "naked" calls to malloc, calloc, realloc, str[n]dup, fopen with
- the x* equivalents found in utility.c.
+ the x* equivalents found in libbb/xfuncs.c.
- Security audits:
- Synthetic code removal: http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/06/commify.html - This
is very Perl-specific, but the advice given in here applies equally well to
@@ -231,7 +231,7 @@
- "Ten Commandments" compliance: (this is a "maybe", certainly not as
important as any of the previous items.)
Other useful links:
More information about the busybox-cvs