[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2021-03-21

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Mar 29 13:28:03 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 15:23:57 +0200
Alexander Dahl <post at lespocky.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:48:36PM +0100, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> > I'm a little unhappy to annoy anyone with this request, however
> > reports like the one below pop up over and over again in my INBOX like
> > round about once a week.
>
> Meanwhile I had a look at my mail archive and it's exactly once a
> week, every Monday morning since November 2020. The mail headers
> contain this:

>         (Authenticated sender: bot at bootlin.com)
>         by relay3-d.mail.gandi.net (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 6A91C60017
>         for <post at lespocky.de>; Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:29:51 +0000 (UTC)
>
> Maybe that helps identifying the bot which sends those mails on behalf
> of Thomas?

Well, there is no surprise, the bot is me :-)

> btw: the mails don't go to the list, but to me personally only. I just
> forwarded it to the list in hope someone else than Thomas might also
> have an idea what's going on.

No, this is not exactly what happens. Developers listed in the
DEVELOPERS file receive individual e-mails just for their
packages/defconfigs, if there is any issue to report. But a complete
report, for all packages/defconfigs/failures goes to the mailing list.

For this particular fastd CVE issue, what needs to be added is (1) the
proper CPE identifier information in the Buildroot package and (2) get
the NVD database maintainers to fix the CVE entry to indicate which
fastd version has fixed the security vulnerability.

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com