[Buildroot] Error building protobuf for 32 bit target (i386) on 64 bit host

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Mar 4 10:29:21 UTC 2021

On 04/03/2021 06:08, Tal Lubko via buildroot wrote:
> Hi
> When trying to build protobuf for i386 on 64 bit host I get the following error:...ld: /usr/gcc-6.2/lib/../lib64/libatomic.so: error adding symbols: file in wrong format

 This looks like it's using the host compiler to build a target package. That is
not good.

 Surprising, though, since this is a configuration we definitely test, and we've
never had any protobuf failures in the autobuilders [1]. Do you have local
modifications that could cause this?

 Can you share a defconfig that reproduces the issue, and a more extensive build
log (particularly the command used for the configure and build steps of protobuf).

 Regards,
 Arnout

[1] http://autobuild.buildroot.net/?reason=protobuf