[Buildroot] Linux kernel: host-libyaml dependency

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Thu Jan 30 22:33:34 UTC 2020

 > I had a build breakage during the 5.4.15 kernel compilation because of
 > the missing yaml library. The code in kernel is under scripts/dtc.

Hmm, what is the error exactly?

Is it this? From scripts/dtc/Makefile:

ifeq ($(shell pkg-config --exists yaml-0.1 2>/dev/null && echo yes),)
ifneq ($(CHECK_DTBS),)
$(error dtc needs libyaml for DT schema validation support. \
        Install the necessary libyaml development package.)

This seems to come from:

commit 4f0e3a57d6eb727c54249542c509e0b7aa122465