[Buildroot] Allowing to build from Git branches

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Jan 15 20:43:02 UTC 2020

Thomas, All,

On 2020-01-15 14:40 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 09:54:16 +0100
> Christophe Blaess <mailist at logilin.fr> wrote:
> > Would it be possible to have an option on a per-package basis to always
> > by-pass the DL_DIR mechanism and re-fetch the sources?
>
> Yes, that would definitely be an idea. There was some discussion
> yesterday evening about this on IRC with Yann E. Morin, and indeed one
> of the idea that came up is to have something like
> <pkg>_DOWNLOAD_TRANSIENT = YES, which would tell the download
> infrastructure to refetch from upstream everytime the package is built
> instead of using a locally available tarball.

I've jsut sent a proof-of-concept of this 'transient' mchanism, which
turned out to be relatively easy to come up with; there is even far more
boilerplate and documentation that actual code to implement the feature.

    http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2020-January/271660.html

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |