[Buildroot] 32-bit host tools for ti-cgt-pru package

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 20:00:21 UTC 2020

Hello,

I maintain the ti-cgt-pru buildroot package and noticed recently that the
build was failing during extraction.  For this package, the downloaded
software is packaged in a installer (i.e. not coming from a git repo or a
tar.gz...) -- execute the downloaded file with appropriate arguments and
the software is extracted to the appropriate build directories.
Unfortunately, it seems like the downloaded installer requires a host
32-bit glibc to actually execute (e.g. on a Fedora host, "dnf install
glibc:i686" allowed the package to build successfully).

How might I fix-up this build breakage?

Thoughts:
- a 64-bit version of the installer package is not available :(
- it seems like overkill to add a system requirement for buildroot on
glibc-32 for one random package
- it is a while since I've worked with buildroot so please forgive me if
I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks,
--Ash