[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-09-01

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Sep 5 07:24:19 UTC 2019

Hello Chris,

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:46:01 +1200
Chris Packham <judge.packham at gmail.com> wrote:

> >              name              | found by |        link to release-monitoring.org        |   version    |   upstream
> > -------------------------------+----------+----------------------------------------------+--------------+--------------
> >                       eventlog |  GUESS   | https://release-monitoring.org/project/14684 | 0.2.12       | 3.23.1
> >                      syslog-ng |  GUESS   | https://release-monitoring.org/project/04930 | 3.22.1       | 3.23.1
>
> Any way we can feedback to release-monitoring about eventlog. They
> seem to be tracking the syslog-ng version but actually eventlog 0.2.13
> is the latest (not that I can find a working download link for it).
>
> I'll look at another bump for syslog-ng (I know the last one was only
> just applied).

release-monitoring.org is like a Wiki: anyone with an account can add
and modify projects.

However, for eventlog, how does one know about new versions ? The
Github repo at https://github.com/balabit/eventlog doesn't have any
tags, and the HTTP URL https://my.balabit.com/downloads/eventlog/ that
we use in eventlog.mk does not have listing enabled. So, there doesn't
seem to be a useful way for release-monitoring.org to detect the new
versions available.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com