[Buildroot] Reg: Valgrind support for Aarch64 in buildroot 2019.02.02

ravi chandran ravigct27 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:34:02 UTC 2019

Hi Thomas,
               Thanks for your reply.
I am running a aarch64 platform with userspace  in 32 bit mode, so probably
the reason for valgrind not shown in that list is the BR2_arm was not
exist  in config BR2_PACKAGE_VALGRIND_ARCH_SUPPORTS .

 After added the below line, i am able to choose valgrind support as part
of my target package.  But i got below build error

checking for a supported CPU... no (arm)
configure: error: Unsupported host architecture. Sorry

valgrind-3.14.0 is what the version configured to use in valgrind.mk. I am
not sure if this particular version will support arm32.

config BR2_PACKAGE_VALGRIND_ARCH_SUPPORTS
        bool
        default y if BR2_aarch64
       + default y if BR2_arm
        default y if BR2_ARM_CPU_ARMV7A
        # MIPS32 R6 is unsupported
        default y if BR2_mips && !BR2_mips_32r6
        default y if BR2_mipsel && !BR2_mips_32r6

Thanks,
Ravi