[Buildroot] TestPerlDBDmysql continues to fail

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Apr 23 07:58:13 UTC 2019

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 09:44:33 +0200
François Perrad <francois.perrad at gadz.org> wrote:

> I could reproduce the issue.
> It is weird:
> - the build step seems good, the image  rootfs.cpio is created
> - but the system does not boot, there is a kernel panic, see
> https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/199339668/artifacts/file/test-output/TestPerlDBDmysql-run.log

I can reproduce the issue locally. If I take the same rootfs.cpio, and
boot it with -M versatilepb and the kernel-versatile kernel image, it
boots fine.

However that is strange because:

 - The ARMv5 user-space that is being built should work fine under an
   ARMv7 machine

 - All other Perl test cases are using the same base configuration
   (ARMv5) and booting under an ARMv7 Qemu machine + kernel, and they
   work fine.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com