[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2019-04-15

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at micronovasrl.com
Tue Apr 16 15:18:54 UTC 2019

Hello Thomas,

Il 16/04/2019 13:44, Thomas Petazzoni ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:24:41 +0200
> Giulio Benetti <giulio.benetti at micronovasrl.com> wrote:
>
>>>     vdr-plugin-vnsiserver-v1.8.0 | 1
>>
>> This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is fixed by:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1085284/
>
> Yes, but I think https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1074926/ is a
> better fix. This still makes your patch relevant in general, to bump
> gettext-tiny and take advantage of the fixes.
>
> In fact in theory, gettext-tiny msg* tools should not even be needed:
> gettext-tiny is only used when BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS is disabled, and
> therefore when we don't want translation files at all. Of course, there
> are probably some packages that will still try to call msg* tools when
> they don't have an option to disable NLS support. But when they do, we
> should preferably use that.

So, if I don't understand wrong, when BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS is disabled
we want all packages not to produce translation files.
Then if a package tries anyway to produce translation files we need to
fix it by checking BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS(depends on
!BR2_SYSTEM_ENABLE_NLS etc.) in its Config.in file.

Am I right?

Thanks
Best regards
--
Giulio Benetti
CTO

MICRONOVA SRL
Sede: Via A. Niedda 3 - 35010 Vigonza (PD)
Tel. 049/8931563 - Fax 049/8931346
Cod.Fiscale - P.IVA 02663420285
Capitale Sociale € 26.000 i.v.
Iscritta al Reg. Imprese di Padova N. 02663420285
Numero R.E.A. 258642