[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2018-11-25

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:06:55 UTC 2018

Hi Arnout,

Il giorno mer 28 nov 2018 alle ore 23:52 Arnout Vandecappelle
<arnout at mind.be> ha scritto:

> On 26/11/2018 18:50, Matthew Weber wrote:
> > All,
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 1:01 AM Thomas Petazzoni
> > <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> >>  powerpc64le |                  setools-4.1.1 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e214e1a539cdac07028fb58c3822f89886d86f1f |
> >
> > setools package is installing man pages and were caught using a bad
> > path by 'step_check_build_dir'.  To stop the install of the man pages,
> > is the preference a 'sed' to remove a line in setup.py or a 'rm' as a
> > hook to cleanup the install of the files to staging/target?
>
>  Well, fix setup.py of course :-)
>
>  This is caused by e94280e5a537b "package/pkg-python: use proper --prefix and
> --root values". It changed:
>
> -       --prefix=$(TARGET_DIR)/usr
> +       --prefix=/usr \
> +       --root=$(TARGET_DIR)
>
>  setools setup.py does:
>
> data_files=[(join(sys.prefix, 'share/man/man1'), glob.glob("man/*.1"))],
>
>  To me, that actually looks like the right thing to do...
>
>  Angelo, maybe you have an idea?

For me is wrong, [1] says:

" If directory is a relative path, it is interpreted relative to the
installation prefix (Python’s sys.prefix for pure-Python packages,
sys.exec_prefix for packages that contain extension modules)"

So the sys.prefix should not be joined because the correct one will be
added regardless. The reason why a relative path is going to work is
because the installation path is built internally joining python root
with python prefix, thus forming the correct path $(TARGET_DIR)/usr.

Joining the sys.prefix makes the path absolute: this was previously
working by accident.

So that should be

data_files=[('share/man/man1', glob.glob("man/*.1"),],

[1] https://docs.python.org/3/distutils/setupscript.html#installing-additional-files

>  Regards,
>  Arnout

Sincerely, Angelo