[Buildroot] Makefile.mk to compile using openmpi

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed May 23 22:40:20 UTC 2018

On 19-05-18 18:44, Marco Espinoza wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using buildroot to generate an image for a zedboard. And I'm trying to
> add an application which require openmpi compilation.
> However I'm having issues, because my compilation is failing.
> The issue I'm having is because my program requires mpicc compilation, but,
> despite I have installed openmpi in my buildroot image, the
> cross-compilation is not working.
>
> Would you please help me telling what do I need in my *.mk file, to
> cross-compile properly using buildroot  a program which requires mpicc?

 I guess you need to have an mpicc built for the host, and it looks like the
openmpi build system is not really cross-compile friendly. The easiest approach
is to make a host-openmpi package. But some additional work will be needed, to
make sure the opal_wrapper calls the target toolchain with the appropriate
CFLAGS instead of the host toolchain...

 Regards,
 Arnout