[Buildroot] Buildroot host-clang error

Joseph Kogut joseph.kogut at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:52:34 UTC 2018

Hi Valentin,

I'm working on a package for Buildroot that requires Clang to compile,
and I'm running into an issue.

Upon invoking the built compiler, even without options, I get:

: CommandLine Error: Option 'x86-use-base-pointer' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

This is using the current master branch, including LLVM and Clang 5.0.2.

By experimenting, I found that disabling the shared libLLVM
(-DLLVM_LINK_LLVM_DYLIB=OFF), the compiler works again.

Is this a known issue? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe