[Buildroot] [PATCH v3 0/8] upgrade docker-engine and associated components
christian at paral.in
Sun Mar 4 00:43:38 UTC 2018
This series upgrades Docker and associated components:
- runc to 9f9c96235cc97674e935002fc3d78361b696a69e
- docker-containerd to v1.0.2
- docker-engine to v2018.03.0-ce-rc1
Docker is updated to v2018.03.0-ce-rc1 due to critical bugs in 2018.02.
2018.03 full release is expected in the month of March.
It is thus suggested that this series be merged to target the next
Buildroot stable release later this year, with the plan to upgrade to
2018.03 when it is released in place.
Suggested naming changes:
- docker-containerd -> containerd
This project has been split off from Docker, and is now hosted at:
It is not specifically a docker project.
- docker-engine -> docker-ce
Docker "Community Edition" is the name for the daemon and CLI bundled
together by the "moby" bundler/project duo.
It's still named the "Engine" but with the CLI as well, it makes more
sense to name it "Docker Community Edition" which also avoids a
collision with the "docker" package.
An old version of this series adding docker-init exists.
Changes v1 -> v2:
- Make static default for tini and dumb-init
- Bump package versions (as described above)
- Added fix to not link against libsystemd without systemd
- Removed unnecessary stack protector flags from tini
- Fixed confusing commit messages
- Upgraded to 18.03.0-rc1, skipping 18.02, to address critical bugs in 2018.02.
- Tested on Raspberry Pi 3, Odroid XU4, Odroid HC2, and Raspberry Pi 0.
Changes v2 -> v3:
- Remove unnecessary static select options for dumb-init and tini and associated comments.
- Tini was updated to v0.17.0
- Dumb-init was updated to v1.2.1
- License hash files added for tini and dumb-init
- Comment explaining -static option for tini and dumb-init added
- Dumb-init tarball named correctly in hash file
Christian Stewart (8):
tini: new package
dumb-init: new package
docker-engine: add support for init processes
docker-proxy: new package
docker-engine: add dependency on docker-proxy
runc: bump to 9f9c96235cc
docker-containerd: bump to v1.0.2
docker-engine: bump to v18.03.0-ce-rc1
package/Config.in | 3 ++
package/docker-containerd/Config.in | 12 +++++
package/docker-containerd/docker-containerd.hash | 2 +-
package/docker-containerd/docker-containerd.mk | 38 +++++++++++----
package/docker-engine/Config.in | 27 +++++++++++
package/docker-engine/docker-engine.hash | 2 +-
package/docker-engine/docker-engine.mk | 59 ++++++++++++++++--------
package/docker-proxy/Config.in | 18 ++++++++
package/docker-proxy/docker-proxy.hash | 2 +
package/docker-proxy/docker-proxy.mk | 46 ++++++++++++++++++
package/dumb-init/Config.in | 7 +++
package/dumb-init/dumb-init.hash | 3 ++
package/dumb-init/dumb-init.mk | 24 ++++++++++
package/runc/runc.hash | 2 +-
package/runc/runc.mk | 17 ++++---
package/tini/Config.in | 16 +++++++
package/tini/tini.hash | 3 ++
package/tini/tini.mk | 35 ++++++++++++++
18 files changed, 278 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 package/docker-proxy/Config.in
create mode 100644 package/docker-proxy/docker-proxy.hash
create mode 100644 package/docker-proxy/docker-proxy.mk
create mode 100644 package/dumb-init/Config.in
create mode 100644 package/dumb-init/dumb-init.hash
create mode 100644 package/dumb-init/dumb-init.mk
create mode 100644 package/tini/Config.in
create mode 100644 package/tini/tini.hash
create mode 100644 package/tini/tini.mk
More information about the buildroot