[Buildroot] patch: fix wrong sysroot path when given rsdk toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Jul 19 13:32:40 UTC 2018

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for your patch, and for contributing to Buildroot!

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:10:03 +0000, 陈小刚 wrote:

> The attachment is a patch that fixes a Realtek toolchain that has a
> sysroot path of ‘mips-linux-uclibc’, this causes the buildroot
> recognizes the sysroot as ‘mips-linux-uc’ by the sed operation, and
> then the external toolchain setup is failed. Adding a ‘/’ in the sed
> re expression avoids the wrong substitution, other toolchains like
> linaro arm toolchain are tested ok to ensure no side effect is
> induced, please help review and apply this patch, thanks.

Would it be possible to get access to this Realtek toolchain? I'd like
to check the behavior, and understand a bit more the issue, because it
looks a bit suspicious/strange.

The sed expression is supposed to replace:

  /path/to/sysroot/usr/lib/libc.a

by:

  /path/to/sysroot/

So I don't quite see how the ending "libc" in mips-linux-uclibc can
affect this.

Also, for your next patches, could you send them with the patch
description in the commit log (currently your commit log is just
"IPCSDK-6460", which is not very useful) ? Also, they should be sent
with "git send-email", so that the patch is inline.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com