[Buildroot] Warnings with GCC 7

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:19:30 UTC 2018

Hi Wolfgang,

Le 04/07/2018 à 09:01, Wolfgang Grandegger a écrit :
> Hallo,
>
> for my build of my "x86_64" Buildroot BSP I switched the GCC version from
> 6 to 7. Since then I get a lot of the following warning messages:
>
> Warning: host file "./lib/gcc/x86_64-buildroot-linux-gnu/7.3.0/plugin/include/gensupport.h" is touched by more than one package: [u'host-gcc-initial', u'host-gcc-final']
>
> Is it something serious? Am I doing something wrong?
> I use Buildroot version 2018.02.3.

You are not doing something wrong.

First of all, it's not a gcc warning.
This warning mean that gensupport.h file is provided by two Buildroot packages
(host-gcc-initial and host-gcc-final).

You can ignore them safely for now.

Yann E. Morin is working on a new feature that detect if a file is provided by
more than one package.

Best regards,
Romain