[Buildroot] Reg: Add a downloaded tar file directly to rootfs

ravi chandran ravigct27 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:40:16 UTC 2018

Hi,
     I am having a set of directories and files(actually contain some
add-on packages), which needs to be populated inside /srv directory  of
target system. I need a way to download the archived file and put it under
one of the directory of the rootfs. And during the target system
initialization, using init script i will extract the files and populate it
under the /srv directory.

     could some please provide some hint, what is the right way to do this
in buildroot?

Thanks..