[Buildroot] Cross compiling kernel module for the target

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Dec 20 13:04:27 UTC 2018

Hello,

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 10:34:42 +0100, Łukasz Przeniosło wrote:

> Thomas, I do build my kernel using buildroot- it gives me the cross
> compiling tools. My problem is, that I think that the buildroot doesnt
> provide the sources for me in the output.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying.

If you are building the Linux kernel with Buildroot, so you definitely
have a directory called output/build/linux-<version>/ which contains
the kernel source code, the kernel configuration (.config file) and
all the object files/images that result from a kernel build.

If you don't have this folder, then you are definitely not building the
Linux kernel with Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com