[Buildroot] <PKG>_SOURCE without a version?

Johan Oudinet johan.oudinet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:01:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm packaging a project which distributes its sources without a
version number in the filename. The version is present in the URL, but
I'm wondering if the download architecture can handle a version bump
properly, or if it would stick to the file in <PKG>_DL_DIR from an
older version?

Looking at the other packages, I found package/jquery-sparkline that
has the same "issue".
Its version has been bump several times. So either this is a bug and
no one noticed it until now, or the download step can detect somehow
when it has to download the file again?

Best,
--
Johan