[Buildroot] Docker client does not function correctly in 2018.11

Christian Stewart christian at paral.in
Thu Dec 6 01:47:05 UTC 2018

Hi David,

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:42 PM David J. Fogle <Dave at exitstrategytech.com> wrote:
> Ok, after adding in overlay, I am closer I think. One more kernel build with cgroup support. Is there any form of official documentation on docker and buildroot, or is it shoot first ask questions later?

There is no official documentation at this point, the Docker package
exists as a "include the Docker binaries in my target system" minimal
option in Buildroot, and developers are currently left to decide how
to configure it themselves.

If you want to see how I use Docker and Buildroot as a reference, see
https://github.com/paralin/SkiffOS.git - feel free to open issues
there as well if you have Docker related questions / other
non-Buildroot specific topics to discuss.

The minimal requirements for Docker are a kernel compiled with a
specific set of features enabled (see the Docker documentation) as
well as some init process to start the daemon at system startup.

Best regards,
Christian Stewart