[Buildroot] [musl] cortex-m support?

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Wed Dec 21 06:22:55 UTC 2016

Hi Arnout,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 12:37:47AM +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> > I used to prod other projects to support uClibc too. For example, it
> > took me three years to finally convince qemu to stop being incompatible
> > with uClibc static binaries on powerpc, but they finally made the change:
>
>  Then you have your work cut out with musl... In Buildroot, we currently have 48
> packages that are excluded on musl, and 114 that need to be patched to be able
> to build with musl. And that's not taking into account the global hacks we
> introduced for musl: cdefs.h, queue.h, linux headers patching...

Would you suggest musl to define __GLIBC__[1] and __USE_MISC[2]?

>  The problem with musl is that the world is not posix :-/  Ignoring this fact
> moves the problems from libc to distros.

Part of the problem is that the kernel sees the world as glibc only.

[1] https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/commit/?id=196932cd91ef5d58bd3142bbea939fb55636a540
[2] https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/commit/?id=4470dd9b1bdbb9b39e9fb13f27bcaa044719de6d

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -