[Buildroot] Are these packages already present or easy to add?

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu May 28 22:27:10 UTC 2015

On 05/28/15 16:36, Jo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For my open-source project www.samplerbox.org, I think that using
> Buildroot would be great (fast boot time, etc.).
>
> The requirements for https://github.com/josephernest/SamplerBox  are:
>
> * python-dev  (probably already there?)

 Buildroot doesn't have separate -dev packages, so it's just the python package.

> * cython   (not needed on target, only on host)

 Peter Bouda just posted a patch to add it.

> * python-smbus    (present?)

 That's part of i2c-tools.

> * portaudio19-dev    (present?)

 Just portaudio.

> * https://github.com/superquadratic/rtmidi-python.git       (to be done...)
> * http://people.csail.mit.edu/hubert/git/pyaudio.git           (to be done...)

 Indeed these are to be done, but adding python packages is generally not hard.
Read the manual and look at some of the existing python-* packages for examples.

 Regards,
 Arnout